Achieving ketosis is quite easy if you know how to get that right. It seems complicated and you might also end up being confused about all the fuss that is associated with it. Ketosis helps the body in burning fats (both stored and upcoming) for producing energy for all bodily functions. There are numerous researches backing the effectiveness of ketosis for a human body. From weight loss to gaining a healthy fat-free body, the list of benefits is long! We have simplified the whole thing for you. By following these steps, you can allow the body to enter ketosis.
- Restrict Carbohydrates: The first & most important step is limiting the carb intake. For ketosis, you have to completely avoid taking carbs. The maximum allowed percentage is 5%.
- Limit Protein Intake: Excess of protein can lower down the effect of ketosis. Therefore, it is advised to take only about 25% of proteins of the total diet.
- Binge On Fats: As fat is the primary energy source on keto, one should feed the body with more of fat-rich foods.
- Drink Maximum Water: Try to drink at least a gallon of water every day. Keeping the body hydrated will help control your untimely hunger pangs.
- Stop Snacking. A little bit is allowed but unnecessary snacking may reduce the effects of ketosis on the body.
- Start Fasting. Fasting can help boost ketone levels which ultimately supports ketosis.
- Add Exercises: There is no denying the fact that exercising is good for health. Consider 20-30 minutes exercise daily.
- Start Supplementing: Although supplements are not needed but these can help uplift the process to get better & quick results.
It is not a herculean task to manage ketosis. If you are dedicated to make this possible, this is an easy way to bring desirable (and, healthy too!) changes in the body.